View Full Version : Raf Theddlethorpe

08-09-2010, 18:34
This was Radar site but had a domestic site as well.

So what i would like to know is where was the exact location of the domestic sight as well as the tower used for the gunnery range?

If any one has a reference for the map please post it?

08-09-2010, 20:30
Radar site? Bombing and gunnery range in my notes. Got a pic of the HQ building and the sale particulars somewhere. Will have a look.

08-09-2010, 20:52
I've no reference to a Radar site at Theddlethorpe. It was a bombing range utilising the sand flats, there was also a moving turret range the land side of the dunes, this had an accommodation area in the link below

The building to the east between the accommodation site and the turret range is, I believe, the turret maintenance building.

There was a small airstrip but I'm unsure of it's location. On the beach is the remains of a target, in the shape of a Cromwell tank, see this thread.

Peter Kirk
08-09-2010, 21:01
I haven't got much on Theddlethorpe but as far as I know there was no Radar site there. I adjoined Donna Nook at the northern end and changed its layout a few times I suspect. As Noel says there was probably a small landing strip or at least a drogue dropping area.

09-09-2010, 02:46
Thank you guys the radar was in a truck which had two generators mounted.