PDA

View Full Version : ARG/AiX 300 Club Straw Poll

cbrjock
11-10-2011, 14:18
Hi folks,
we are looking to get a quarterly 300 Club (raffle) up and running in order to raise funds for the home of the archive.
As the finer details such as the legal side have yet to be finalised, this is purely a survey to guage the level of interest we can expect.
Any queries or suggestions please PM or email myself, Hawkeye001 or ArcadeAl. Many thanks in advance.

Pete

Peter Kirk
11-10-2011, 21:57
300 Club? A raffle sounds like a plan, depends on the prizes though :)

cbrjock
12-10-2011, 09:27
300 Club? A raffle sounds like a plan, depends on the prizes though :)

Hi Peter, prizes will obviously depend on the number of takers, but we hope to include cash, membership of ARG, copies of NP's, Chris and Noel's book(s) and whatever else we can lay our sticky mitts on. :D

Another Number
12-10-2011, 09:33
This soinds like a great idea, would like to know more details as the idea progresses to reality. Its more than likely something i would take part in.

Carnaby
12-10-2011, 10:45
Its more than likely something i would take part in.
In which case, you'll have to make sure your number is between 1 and 300, AnotherNumber :D

Bigbear
12-10-2011, 19:10
I'm up for it!

smudge
12-10-2011, 19:26
I'd be interested in taking part once we have more details.

cbrjock
14-10-2011, 07:46
As the finer details such as the legal side have yet to be finalised, this is purely a survey to gauge the level of interest we can expect.

Richard Drew
14-10-2011, 13:27
For me to take part it would need a direct debit as I can never remember to pay my subs let alone a raffle! I am in if that is a possibility?

Richard

Alex Brown
14-10-2011, 23:25
For me to take part it would need a direct debit as I can never remember to pay my subs let alone a raffle! I am in if that is a possibility?

Richard

The ARG can't do Direct Debit unfortunately, as it's very expensive to administer.
The best alternative for a member wanting to make regular payments to set up a "standing order". This will not cost either party anything to set up or administer.

cbrjock
15-10-2011, 10:07
Hopefully NJR will come straight back on this one, for existing/future ARG members this line could be added to the application form;

I do/do not wish to participate in the ARG 300 Club at (X) per annum

If the take up is good we'll limit each participant to 2 numbers, = 8 per annum
If the take up is very good then..........................................= 4 per annum

REF

Would it be possible for non ARG members to pay thro' AiX via paypal or BACS?

Richard Drew
15-10-2011, 10:56
Yes thats fine either way.

Richard

NJR
15-10-2011, 20:24
Hopefully NJR will come straight back on this one, for existing/future ARG members this line could be added to the application form;

I do/do not wish to participate in the ARG 300 Club at (X) per annum

If the take up is good we'll limit each participant to 2 numbers, = 8 per annum
If the take up is very good then..........................................= 4 per annum

REF

Would it be possible for non ARG members to pay thro' AiX via paypal or BACS?

Pete, please see email.

Alex Brown
18-10-2011, 10:59
Having been tasked with looking into the technicalities of this, it seems that to do this legally (and that is the only option), we need to be licensed by the local authority in the relevant area (in our case, Suffolk).
I will be making enquiries into the cost and administrative burden that this will entail as soon as possible.
HOWEVER, this means that if we do decide to implement this idea, we absolutely must have a decent number of members who will commit to it.
More details to follow when they are available.

PETERTHEEATER
20-10-2011, 05:57
I'm in.

Alex Brown
20-10-2011, 10:08
Right, I have looked into the technicalities of this, and to do it legally (and there is no alternative), there will be continuing admin and fees - albeit not too onerous or costly, but which must be factored into any calculations that we use to gauge viability:

An initial application fee of 40 is payable. Ongoing registration will then cost 20 per year.
The application process is relatively simple, but must be accompanied by a copy of our constitution, and an official document stating the details of all statutory directors.
Ongoing administration is minimal, but every time that a draw is made, the following information must be provided to the licensing authority within 3 months:
1. How much money was raised
2. What amount was spent on allowable expenses.

PETERTHEEATER
21-10-2011, 07:23
Why didn't they do this with MP's expenses:)

cbrjock
04-11-2011, 07:56
Just to give this a bit of a nudge, all those definately wanting in please pm me. A decision as to whether or not to proceed will be made at the end of the month.

Richard Flagg
04-11-2011, 11:51
Can you wit until after the December AR is out, I'd like to put something in there regarding this as alot of ARG members may not have seen this on the forum. It would better gage the interest.

PJH
04-11-2011, 19:09
Can I just ask, in my glorious naiivity, what is a 300 club?

Alex Brown
05-11-2011, 10:59
Can I just ask, in my glorious naiivity, what is a 300 club?

Essentially it's a private lottery for members of ARG.

Richard, that seems like a good idea - even people who regularly come on here will not necessarily read every thread, so it might get a bit more interest in the magazine.

cbrjock
05-11-2011, 12:32
Beat me to it Al :)

We'll give it til end of January then? Over to you, folks.

Richard Flagg
06-11-2011, 01:27
It will take a bit of time to bring members on board, I think an initail club of 50 would be a great start, then as it grows and interest gathers we can then open it up to another 50 and so on. Its a great idea and definitely one to work with, it will just take time to get the numbers up. Most people want to see things working these days before committing themselves to anything. I think we should go with it anyway, BUT lets get something in the next AR. If I can have something asap it'd be great.

Alex Brown
08-11-2011, 01:26
It will take a bit of time to bring members on board, I think an initail club of 50 would be a great start, then as it grows and interest gathers we can then open it up to another 50 and so on. Its a great idea and definitely one to work with, it will just take time to get the numbers up. Most people want to see things working these days before committing themselves to anything. I think we should go with it anyway, BUT lets get something in the next AR. If I can have something asap it'd be great.

Agreed absolutely, on the proviso that we can cover the basic, unavoidable costs.

cbrjock
08-12-2011, 08:21
Just to give this another bit of a nudge, all those definately wanting in please pm me. A decision as to whether or not to proceed will be made at the end of the January.

Richard Flagg
08-12-2011, 21:54
Chaps, will I have a piece to run in the next AR? If so, I need it asap.

cbrjock
09-12-2011, 11:04
Ok Rich, will try to make time to get something together within this week.

Richard Flagg
09-12-2011, 11:59
Thanks Pete, that would be great

Richard

robert.haig
11-12-2011, 19:49
Hi,
Put me down for the 300 club.

Malcolm Munro

OneEighthBit
15-12-2011, 00:04
Voice from the other side of the North Sea. If it can wait until the new year and the cost is about 40 initial/20 annual I can probably stick my oar in.

cbrjock
17-12-2011, 15:31
Thanks for the response guys, pm's sent. OEB your inbox is full mate :)

Richard Flagg
17-12-2011, 15:32
Pete, any chance of that bit for AR as well!!! Cheers!

cbrjock
17-12-2011, 15:52
PM sent to you also Rich :):)

OneEighthBit
17-12-2011, 23:52
Thanks for the response guys, pm's sent. OEB your inbox is full mate :)

Fixed. Never knew I was so popular.

cbrjock
20-01-2012, 07:56
Another thread nudge.

Bigbear
20-01-2012, 16:15
Another thread nudge.
Any chance of an update on where we are with this?

Richard Flagg
21-01-2012, 03:25
I think we should get this going, get it adertised in the Spring Airfield Review magazine and we can launch it at the first ARG Roadshow this year. If we set the initial number at 50, with the first prize draw in the Autumn on the last ARG Roadshow day of the season then we could be on a winner, after the 50 membership has been met, then members go on a waiting list until someone drops out or we reach 100 members. Set the initial joing feew to the straw poll at something like a tenner and we could be on a winner. These are just my thoughts and not what has been decided but I for one am very keen to get this off the ground. If Al, cbrjock and Hawkeye001 can let me know asap what the plan is then we can get this off the ground.

Alex Brown
06-02-2012, 12:36
Yes I will look into the costs and technicalities again, but we do need to make sure that we have enough members to make a profit on it. There will be certain fixed costs relating to the essential licensing.
Did the idea get included in the recent Airfield Review in the end? I couldn't spot it...

Richard Flagg
06-02-2012, 15:51
Al, I didn't put anything in AR133 as I never had anything to put in!! I stand by what I say in post #37 though, its a great idea and rather than talking about it we should just get it up and running!

Alex Brown
17-05-2012, 14:49
Al, I didn't put anything in AR133 as I never had anything to put in!! I stand by what I say in post #37 though, its a great idea and rather than talking about it we should just get it up and running!

Sorry Richard I missed this. We really need to sort out some reliable means of communication between those involved in these sorts of things... anyway all being well I will speak to you at the AGM, that's probably best.

cbrjock
18-05-2012, 06:46
The response to the idea was exceedingly disappointing Al, we couldn't start a 15 Club, never mind a 50 or 300 Club!!!:roll:
Be worth trying again in the near future methinks.