PDA

View Full Version : Central Discipline Offices

canberra
29-10-2011, 17:46
Does anyone remember these?

The only place I was at that had them were Marham and Gutersloh. At Marham it was in the Guardroom and at Gutersloh it was in a building opposite the Guardroom.They were manned by the SWO and his minions, but where did the term originate from and why did only some units have them and some not? And did the RAF just decide to stop using the term?

ted angus
29-10-2011, 20:14
Canberra, at one time each wing had a discip office in addition to the Cetral one. ; The Eng Wg one would allocate all the station and wing duties to the Flights & Sections, control the bed spaces for the Eng Wg blocks . allocate Eng & Supply manning that was posted to the Station to the relevant Sqn, Flt or Section. Make the manning returns to Handbrake house. And of course WRAF Admin had a discip office. Central Discip Office would be as you say The SWO and his marines . I often thought many of these empires were only created to put more locations on the blue card to make clearing and arriving a protracted waste of time. At 16MU it was directly accross the road to the Main site guardroom, at St Athan East camp in the big huts at the east end of the parade square.

canberra
30-10-2011, 13:45
Ah yes the good old blue card. I wonder how Sqn Ldr Wallis got on when he left Marham? He left circa 87, and he was posted there in 59. I bet his blue card will have fallen apart!

Anyway,does anyone know when these offices finished?

ted angus
30-10-2011, 14:59
I suspect it was the GD and WRAF Admin trades finishing and the SWO job becoming any trade that finished it off. - about mid 1990s ??

The next SWO at Leuchars is the current WO GEF; I volunteered to do it for the final couple of years but the CO said there would be too many tears !!

superplum
31-10-2011, 11:10
Ah yes the good old blue card. I wonder how Sqn Ldr Wallis got on when he left Marham? He left circa 87, and he was posted there in 59. I bet his blue card will have fallen apart!

Officers had pale green cards!

canberra
31-10-2011, 18:13
Really? I only ever saw them with blue cards.