PDA

View Full Version : GMC Oil Bowser

WELLINGTON75
04-05-2012, 13:54
GMC Oil Bowser

The latest Canal Zoners newsletter has an interesting photo of “an old GMC Oil Bowser found in the desert after World War 2 and being used by the RAF at Kabrit.”

I believe the vehicle is a GMC, Truck, Fuel or Oil Servicing, 750 gallon, F-3, it is a near front shot so identification is a little difficult.

This is the first evidence I have seen of the use of these vehicles by the RAF or at least one being on official RAF charge – the registration is clearly shown as 15AT90.

I will attempt to make contact with the person who sent in the photos ( there is also one of a Fordson tractor 32AN61 in use at Kabrit.

Dave Molyneux

The latest Canal Zoners newsletter has an interesting photo of “an old GMC Oil Bowser found in the desert after World War 2 and being used by the RAF at Kabrit.”

I believe the vehicle is a GMC, Truck, Fuel or Oil Servicing, 750 gallon, F-3, it is a near front shot so identification is a little difficult.

This is the first evidence I have seen of the use of these vehicles by the RAF or at least one being on official RAF charge – the registration is clearly shown as 15 AT 90.

I will attempt to make contact with the person who sent in the photos ( there is also one of a Fordson tractor 32AN61 in use at Kabrit.

Dave Molyneux