Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Norwichpaul

Default Norwichpaul

Hi, I am Norwichpaul, infamous for the book 'British Military Airfield Architecture'. I have made a study of airfield buildings since c.1976 and since 1994, have been using this knowledge as an income. I am self-employed and get much of my work from Defence Estates, EH, and developers.

This is me waiting for the 'All Clear' inside a restored basement refuge underneath one of the NCO's bedrooms of a type 8/84 Barrack Block at West Raynham. I might be there some time!

I have a few web sites, four of interest are:

http://www.rafalconbury.4t.com/

http://www.rafupperheyford.4t.com/

http://s133.photobucket.com/albums/q51/norwichpaul/

http://s152.photobucket.com/albums/s167 ... ry-europe/

The Alconbury and UH sites are not updated anymore as they are ancient, but I add pics all the time to the photobucket sites. Anyone with questions regarding airfield buildings - just ask. These days I am more interested in airfields and army barracks in Europe though.

HI Paul,

Welcome along to the forum its good to have you onboard. I have no doubt that your knowledge will be invaluable on here.

I must apologise for being one of the few who haven't yet got a copy of your book, it will be brought!

I hope you enjoy the forum and we will look forward to your input here.

Richard

HI

I can very highly recommend it, it's a great book.

Hi Paul

regards

Stephen Legg (stevo)

Hi paul.
    I am lucky enough to have a copy of your book and i must say has provided very valuable in the way of trying to identify the desighn numbers of the buildings at Binbrook.
    Still got quite a few to identify so hopefully you might be able to help me in my research if possible.
    I must say it is a excellent book and glad to have a copy in my collection.

Hi Paul

I'am living at the other side of the Channel but very interested in your book !
    Is it still available ?

OUPSSS...

If it is this book :
    "British Military Airfield Architecture: From Airships to the Jet Age" by FRANCIS Paul, then you need to spend between 85 & 154 on second hand via 'abebooks'... P&P not included

HI

Wow, I got it for around 12 (15) a year and a half ago from Amazon so thats shot up in price.

I assume its because its out of print? maybe

Stevo

But seen the high prized second hand book, looks like a reference !

I am more than happy to help anyone, fire away. Incidentally, if anyone from here wants to use the pics on my photobucket sites for books or your own web sites, feel free. Just drop me an email and I will let you know how much it will cost - ONLY joking! For gratis really. but all the same, please ask - thanks

paul.francis@ntlworld.com

Yes the cost for the architecture book has got really silly, Stevo was lucky. My control tower book is still available through the ARG for a few quid - I think.

Hi Paul,

Im yet another proud owner of your excellent book. Brought my copy several years ago now (19.99..cant remember where i brought it now! but worth every penny) and it defitnetly has helped me identify many buildings during my many airfield visits over the years.

Cheers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information