Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BAHRAIN - Muharraq

Default Re: BAHRAIN - Muharraq

Spent a year at muhharaq 1966-67 i was one of the (brown jobs ) doing airfield communications, i enjoyed the time there down manama at elworthy house,meals at the barge along the causeway, watching films at the astra wrapped in a blanket. Thse photo,s took me back 46 years happy days

Hua Hin, Thailand (resident) ex RAF Armourer 1956 - 1970

Default Re: Raf muharraq, bahrain

'The barge' ended up moored in a creek at the end of the newly built coast road of Manama on the Saudi Arabia mainland. I recognised it first time that I saw it there but never found out details of the move.

Smile Re: BAHRAIN - Muharraq

Quote Originally Posted by oilcloth View Post
    Attachment 10529

No. 208 Squadron Flight Line 1965

First summer at Muharraq after move up from Aden.
    Lovely to see the picture, brings back memories. I was posted onto 208 in April 1964 and moved up to Muharraq in the June of that year. I was an SAC Armourer & met some B****y good lads on the Squadron. Spent quite a number of detachments to Sharjah on Air Firing exercises. Could not believe it was so cold on the early starts when the days were scorching. Also remember the salt water showers where you had to have special soap to get any sort of lather. "Happy Days"

Default Re: RAF Muharraq

Hi, just wondered if we knew each other. I was at 1004SU on the concrete cruiser HMS Jufair; I might have arrived early 1970. I remember the Navy mess and choosing omelettes most days because the food was pretty bad. I lived above 'the chip inn'. I was the 'heavy' making liquid hydrogen to cool the dish. I later went with the equipment to Hong Cong where we were re named 444SU. My name is Glynn Webb.

Default Re: BAHRAIN - Muharraq

Hi

Also worked on these at Muharraq in 1970 but these at over wing tanks fitted, funny how things come around.

vulcanjohn

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information