Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Airfield 1/72 scale modelling

Default Re: Airfield 1/72 scale modelling

Thanks Ted, I fully intend to do a Mark 10, just got to get myself in the right frame of mind!
    Re 48AJ62, do you remember when it was delivered to Chivenor, I took photos of it during 1988, 1990 and 1996 by which time it had been converted to a Mark 10E.
    Cheers,
    Peter

Apart from the odd month I think she was at Chivenor most of her life. I arrived in feb 1982, I got to know Kev fairly early on The birthdate on the Queens computor is feb 1982 but I think it arrived April- may time. It was plain IRR Matt Green on arrival, the paint shop applied the vinyl yellow stripe the 6 inch roundal and the RAF logo which was white before it went into fire section use.
    TED

Appologies my post does not make any sense so its been deleted.

Here's a few airfield vehicles on Ebay to add to someones diorama or collection.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...E:B:SS:GB:1123

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...E:B:SS:GB:1123

There is a realling interesting looking airfield diorama on this link:
    http://essmc.org.au/cootamundradiorama.html

I have built 2 out of the 3 V bombers - the Vulcan B2 and the Valiant - and proceeded, after building the Vulcan, to build a "small" diorama of the bomber on a pan being serviced. It is loaded with a Blue Steel missile with a extra missile close by. I have named the scene "Thunderball". I hope the attached photo is okay and you will see it also was meant to be apart of a OO scale railway scene.
    I was wondering if any one has any ideas for a means of transporting the spare missile and the H bomb that come with the Valiant by rail?
    Now where did I leave the detonator for that H Bomb.............
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    I'm jealous, I used to have a enormous 00 model railway about 12years ago (not train set, a train set is a childs toy!! LOL), but don't have the space these days to build a new one although I'd like to, everytime I pick up model railway magazine in WHS, It makes me want to dig out my models, track etc.

I use to enjoy wire the thing up rather than building the models. I used the stylus from a Rolf Harris stylophone (which I still have) to change the points/signals, with 2 small bolts as the other contacts one for each side of the point. These where all put into a 1/4inch piece of ply with the layout drawn on it (London underground style). It had some 40 point motors, 4 tracks, a fiddle yards, 2 LNER type stations one a terminus. It was about (if memory serves) 20' by 10'. All my models where scratch made from serial boxes covered in brick paper with the occasional purchased plastic kit. Those where the days.

Hi Stevo I've laid out my railway out in my loft, but still need to raise it onto baseboards, which is going to a task as the layout covers the whole floor space. But I started out on the scenery by making papier mache hills and valleys and plywood buildings. Sine then I have improved the scenery by using crumpled up newspaper interspersed with card formers for shapes,overlain with more paper, or I have shaped 4mm ply to may the basic shapes; then "dusted" them with artificial grass and flowers and dotted a number of trees
    Buildings came form kits which I have wired up for lights. Now I am considering scratch builds

Peter

There is a thread here that you might find useful.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread Information