Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gymnasium, Chancel & Cinema

Default Re: Gym / Chancel Extent...Photos Only!

middle wallop 2004 village hall

Carew Cheriton

Andrew its still there as of pring 2009

Bury St Edmunds / Rougham, Suffolk - July 2009

Oulton, Norfolk - 15 March 2011

Barkston Heath - 9 September 2010

here are three from Rednal taken in febuary 2011

Default Re: gymnasiums

I have a few questions on Gymnasiums, I hope that someone maybe able to help!

The gymnasium in question is at Great Ashfield and is due to be demolished very soon.

First a couple of general photos of the building.

Photo lloking at the south side of the gym, with the changing rooms, store rooms and toilet annexe

Looking inside the gymnasium

The main steel bar running the length of the building

On the bar were these brackets, believed to be used for ropes, can anyone confirm? There were two per bay

At the Chancel end of the gym there were these to steel supporting rods, they are attached to the roof but not to the wall, were they supporting braces? Where would they have been attached too?

Same subject as the photo above, different angle

Second post...

There were these black out shutters still in place on some windows, I assume all windows would have had them fitted?

Below some of the windows, there was these two wooden bars fixed to the wall, what were they for? (three pics)

The Chancel annexe. The concrete is raised here and looks like things were built, possibly a wall but there is a ramp as well, would these be original? What would it have looked like?

This I assume to be the vestry office, but it has bee re-walled and it now one bay shorter. Can anyone add comments to this please?

More to follow

Post three.....

Outside now, chancel end.

This now has four bays but I personally think it was built with five bays as the floor is still in situ outside but the rear wall has been rebuilt. What are your opinions of this please? (three pics)

The door way has been blocked up to the vestry office and rendered, but has the rest of the wall been re-rendered? I think it has but would welcome comments on this too.

North facing wall where the chancel meets the gym, has this area been re-rendered too?

On the south side, where the chancel meets the gym, this corner has been badly weathered but it looks like another layer of bricks has been built next to the pillar of bricks as there is a gap between them, comments please? (three pics)

Last post for now...

On the south side, the main dorr has been blocked up and rendered, again I think the rest of the wall has been re-rendered, can anyone confirm this too please? (two pics)

Also, what is this bit of metal?

Interesting to not that two types of brick have been used, forget the names at the moment but I'll post them up when I remember!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information