Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Matching

Default Re: Matching

I hope the fire did not do to much damage on the indusrial site . I hope the control tower is ok .

Senior Member Southend Spitfire's Avatar

Here is a link to some video footage on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oF9766PxE4
    I think the Control Tower should be safe, the fire looks like its around the Officers site by the Water Tower.

I guess the remaining nissen huts on the site have gone then? Any news on the Water Tower? I was hoping on having a look at the place on Sunday or Monday but that may not happen now...

Quote Originally Posted by REF View Post
    I guess the remaining nissen huts on the site have gone then? Any news on the Water Tower? I was hoping on having a look at the place on Sunday or Monday but that may not happen now...
    I might have a look tomorrow if i can (i want to get a few pics of the control tower now the signal squares uncovered) so if i do i'll let you know the situation.

Thanks Rob, much appreciated

I had a look at Matching this afternoon and bumped into a chap who rented one of the buildings that burnt down (the Officers Mess to be exact). He said all the buildings with the exception of the Water Tower and the Officers Stores have gone. The Officers Mess has collapsed in on itself and is nothing but a ruin now. The buildings on the industrial estate nearest the base memorial haven't been touched.

Whilst checking the EFDC Planning Search page today to check to see if there are any applications for the Willingale Ops Block I noticed that a new application has gone in on the Admin Site at Matching to demolish the existing buildings (Ops and Norden) and build a new dwelling. I guess it was inevitable that this would happen, following the original approval for the conversion of the two buildings to dwellings a couple of years ago.

No decision yet. The application reference is EPF/0250/13, the URL for the EFDC planning site is http://plan1.eppingforestdc.gov.uk/N...ralSearch.aspx

A closer look at the plans shows the retention of the Norden Store, but the removal of the Operations Block and the remaining part of the Briefing Nissen.
    Last edited by horrocks; 11-05-2013 at 18:54.

Quote Originally Posted by horrocks View Post
    Whilst checking the EFDC Planning Search page today to check to see if there are any applications for the Willingale Ops Block I noticed that a new application has gone in on the Admin Site at Matching to demolish the existing buildings (Ops and Norden) and build a new dwelling. I guess it was inevitable that this would happen, following the original approval for the conversion of the two buildings to dwellings a couple of years ago.

No decision yet. The application reference is EPF/0250/13, the URL for the EFDC planning site is http://plan1.eppingforestdc.gov.uk/N...ralSearch.aspx

A closer look at the plans shows the retention of the Norden Store, but the removal of the Operations Block and the remaining part of the Briefing Nissen.
    Horrocks who do i need to contact to get permission to photgraph these buildings?

Raptor, am pm-ing you.

Top man. Cheers mate

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread Information