Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Stradishall

Default Re: Stradishall

The photo is the 28th April 1965.It is the passing out parade for No 1 ANS 64th Navigator Course .The Reviewing Officer is AVM R B Thomson.Another ex wartime pilot.
    Last edited by Pilotdreamer; 10-08-2012 at 16:54.

I have been told, though I can't find where I got it from, that the Gym & Chancel still survives at Stradishall, does anyone know if this is the case and if so, where is it?

Thanks

Having a quick look on Google Earth's 1945 images it woulds seem that this is the Gym and Chancel athough today it has been modified quite a bit.

http://goo.gl/maps/fZ0oQ

Last edited by Stevo; 11-08-2012 at 11:39.

Thanks Stevo, I have driven past it so many times and never noticed it! I'll have a look next time!

Thought that these photos may be of interest.One is from August 1941 and the other one from August 2007.More or less from the same spot.I wonder how long the water tower will remain intact.PA220758.jpgimg291.jpg

Thanks for posting these Pilotdreamer, the comparison pictures are good, i did take a picture from the same area myself, interesting to see how i was originally.

Following on from my last post.Numbers one two and five Hangars from 1944 with some 1657 HCU Stirlings.Can´t quite make out what is number two Hangar which still has not been repaired after being bombed in 1940.img139.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by DeeBoneham View Post
    There is somewhere a pic of the commemoration window in Stradishall Church and the village sign must dig em out....
    This is the one in Stradishall Church

Quote Originally Posted by John Cooper View Post
    I went as far into the old RAF Stradishall yesterday [now HMP Highpoint], some of the buildings need a little TLC, anyway there are some pics here
    just click NEXT for more

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/252970 ... ost=travel
    I have heard of highpoint prison i never knew it used to be an airfield. Ah well learning all the time

Copia de PA220782.jpgThis is the book of remembrance also in St Margrets church Stradishall open at the page where my aunts name is,one of the two unlucky WAAF´s to have been killed in the 32 year history of RAF Stradishall.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information