Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 211

Thread: Lakenheath

  1. #121

    Default Re: RAF / USAFE Lakenheath

    48th FW Ops Building

    11

    12

    13

    14

    15

    16

    17

    18

    19

    20

  2. #122
    Senior Member Brothmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Warner Robins, Georgia USA
    Posts
    340

    Default Re: RAF / USAFE Lakenheath

    ugghhh that would be the weapons load barn Rich... I can't believe they allowed photos in there. Or did they?

  3. #123

    Default Re: RAF / USAFE Lakenheath

    We were told we could pphotograph what we liked in there!

  4. #124
    Senior Member Brothmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Warner Robins, Georgia USA
    Posts
    340

    Default Re: RAF / USAFE Lakenheath

    Quote Originally Posted by REF View Post
    We were told we could pphotograph what we liked in there!
    lol well it was made "sterile" but the fire detectors????

  5. #125

    Default Re: RAF / USAFE Lakenheath

    Fire detectors???

  6. #126
    Senior Member YellowPinkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    www.facebook.com/harringtonthormissile
    Posts
    698

    Default Re: RAF / USAFE Lakenheath

    Quote Originally Posted by REF View Post
    Fire detectors???
    In most hangars at Lakenheath and Mildenhall are UV/IR flame detectors, and there is a risk that they 'think' that camera flash is a flame, particularly when on that flicker red eye mode.

    As for taking photos on live installations, I finished the Taco Bell at Lakenheath and whilst on a cherry Picker I noticed it would make a great panorama of the new building. I clicked away and suddenly got an almighty telling off because there was something sensitive in the background...about two weeks later Google Earth rolled out showing in far more detail the area concerned!

    48 CES still use my photo though...

  7. #127
    Senior Member Brothmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Warner Robins, Georgia USA
    Posts
    340

    Default Re: RAF / USAFE Lakenheath

    Quote Originally Posted by YellowPinkie View Post
    In most hangars at Lakenheath and Mildenhall are UV/IR flame detectors, and there is a risk that they 'think' that camera flash is a flame, particularly when on that flicker red eye mode.

    As for taking photos on live installations, I finished the Taco Bell at Lakenheath and whilst on a cherry Picker I noticed it would make a great panorama of the new building. I clicked away and suddenly got an almighty telling off because there was something sensitive in the background...about two weeks later Google Earth rolled out showing in far more detail the area concerned!

    48 CES still use my photo though...
    YellowPinkie my wife was the 48 CES project manager for the Taco Bell construction

  8. #128
    Senior Member YellowPinkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    www.facebook.com/harringtonthormissile
    Posts
    698

    Default Re: RAF / USAFE Lakenheath

    Quote Originally Posted by Brothmark View Post
    YellowPinkie my wife was the 48 CES project manager for the Taco Bell construction


    Small World! Say "Hi" to Cheryl, tell her I still have my AAFES runway designer's badge...

    She won't know me as Yellow Pinkie...Steve Cooke
    Last edited by YellowPinkie; 28-11-2011 at 21:41.

  9. #129
    Senior Member Brothmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Warner Robins, Georgia USA
    Posts
    340

    Default Re: RAF / USAFE Lakenheath

    Quote Originally Posted by YellowPinkie View Post
    Small World! Say "Hi" to Cheryl, tell her I still have my AAFES runway designer's badge...

    She won't know me as Yellow Pinkie...Steve Cooke
    I will Steve but she'll want her AAFES badge back!! I think I helped make those. Cheryl's at home in Clacton-on-Sea this week as it happens. Small world indeed! Everyone still teases her about Taco Bell being the safest place on Lakenheath!
    Mark
    Last edited by Brothmark; 29-11-2011 at 14:52.

  10. #130
    Senior Member YellowPinkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    www.facebook.com/harringtonthormissile
    Posts
    698

    Default Re: RAF / USAFE Lakenheath

    Quote Originally Posted by Brothmark View Post
    I will Steve but she'll want her AAFES badge back!! I think I helped make those. Cheryl's at home in Clacton-on-Sea this week as it happens. Small world indeed! Everyone still teases her about Taco Bell being the safest place on Lakenheath!
    Mark
    The force protection applied to that building was I think to withstand the explosion risk from eating Tacos rather than any external threat...

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •