The ARG AGM took place at the de Havilland Museum, London Colney on 17 May 2009. There were about 15 members attending, including around half a dozen AiX / ARG members.
The salient points discussed and or voted on at the meeting are as follows:
1. I (Paul Francis) was voted in as Chairmen of the ARG.
2. PJH (Peter Howarth) was voted in as Vice-Chairmen - a position he has held since the untimely death of Barry Abraham on 22 July 2005.
3. The ARG has four Study Groups, and Richard Flagg (REF) has agreed to take over leadership of the Airfield Memorials Study Group. The Hangar Study Group is led by Vulcan B2. The Gate Guardians Study Group is led by Dave Cook (not a member of AiX) and finally there is the Control Towers Study Group led by me and Carnaby.
4. Formal recognition by the committee of AiX as being part of the ARG
5. The ARG journal 'Airfield Review' would now include an Editorial or update on both the AiX forum, AiX - ARG Archive Limited and its Web Site.
6. The ARG is currently operating at a loss and requires new members - incoming subscriptions and donations are not enough to cover the production costs of Airfield Review.
7. The subscription fee for 2009/2010 will be £22 and therefore remains unchanged.
8. Back issues of Airfield Review could be made available via pdf downloadable files from the AiX - ARG Archive Limited Web site - there will be a small charge for each issue. It is possible too that the back issues will be available on a CDR. This has yet to be addressed and progress or updates will be reported on here. It will take time for this to happen so in the meantime back issues are still available to purchase. Probably the best way this can be done is to pm me and Ray Towler's e-mail address will be then passed on for processing the request rather than posting e-mail addresses on here.
9. It was agreed that a certain funds would be transferred from the ARG reserve fund into the AiX - ARG Archive Limited bank account to enable us to acquire the licence from Strawsons of the Guardhouse at Upwood.