Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The ARG Annual General Meeting thread

SuperMod

Default The ARG Annual General Meeting thread

I'm pleased to announce that this year's AGM will be at the de Havilland Aircraft Heritage Centre near St.Albans.

It's on Sunday 17th May and kick-off is at 11am.

We've booked the Clubroom and entrance to the museum is free for all members.

Details of how to get there can be seen on the following link:

http://www.dehavillandmuseum.co.uk/

We look forward to seeing as many of you as possible - there's lots to discuss including the AiX! If any members have specific agenda items they want raising, please let Ray Towler know ahead of the meeting, otherwise bring them up on the day.

Peter

Default ARG AGM - Please read

The ARG AGM took place at the de Havilland Museum, London Colney on 17 May 2009. There were about 15 members attending, including around half a dozen AiX / ARG members.

The salient points discussed and or voted on at the meeting are as follows:

1. I (Paul Francis) was voted in as Chairmen of the ARG.

2. PJH (Peter Howarth) was voted in as Vice-Chairmen - a position he has held since the untimely death of Barry Abraham on 22 July 2005.

3. The ARG has four Study Groups, and Richard Flagg (REF) has agreed to take over leadership of the Airfield Memorials Study Group. The Hangar Study Group is led by Vulcan B2. The Gate Guardians Study Group is led by Dave Cook (not a member of AiX) and finally there is the Control Towers Study Group led by me and Carnaby.

4. Formal recognition by the committee of AiX as being part of the ARG

5. The ARG journal 'Airfield Review' would now include an Editorial or update on both the AiX forum, AiX - ARG Archive Limited and its Web Site.

6. The ARG is currently operating at a loss and requires new members - incoming subscriptions and donations are not enough to cover the production costs of Airfield Review.

7. The subscription fee for 2009/2010 will be £22 and therefore remains unchanged.

8. Back issues of Airfield Review could be made available via pdf downloadable files from the AiX - ARG Archive Limited Web site - there will be a small charge for each issue. It is possible too that the back issues will be available on a CDR. This has yet to be addressed and progress or updates will be reported on here. It will take time for this to happen so in the meantime back issues are still available to purchase. Probably the best way this can be done is to pm me and Ray Towler's e-mail address will be then passed on for processing the request rather than posting e-mail addresses on here.

9. It was agreed that a certain funds would be transferred from the ARG reserve fund into the AiX - ARG Archive Limited bank account to enable us to acquire the licence from Strawsons of the Guardhouse at Upwood.

Default Re: Agm 2010

It was a grand day out !
    Nice to see the 'new' boys running the show ...
    and that food was an absolute delight, 'Compliments to the chef !'
    PLUS
    Nice exhibits covering a vast range of subjects and plenty of odd bits to see as well ...
    Ps
    I doctored the photo to take the peolpe out
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Able Mabel; 24-05-2010 at 13:12.

Hawkeye001

Default Re: Agm 2010

Here are a few of the ARG members sat in the Dacota at Elvington and the first picture is Alex.

Regards,

HawkEye001

Default Arg 2011 agm

The Annual General Meeting of the Airfield Research Group for 2011 will be held at the Bentwaters Cold War Museum, at Bentwaters airfield in Suffolk. This will be on Sunday 22nd May 2011. The proposed agenda and programme is:

10.30 Gather at the museum / Refreshments
    11.00 AGM
    12.00 Refreshments / Raffle
    12.30 Guest Speaker - Bob Hale USAF Rtd - "My time at RAF Bentwaters"
    13.10 Refreshments
    13.30 Guest Speaker - Graham Simons GMS Enterprises - "Putting an Airfield Focus together"
    14.00 View museum and possibly parts of the airfield

It is proposed that, unless there are other nominees, the current committee will agree to be re-elected. If anyone wishes to stand for a committee post please submit it in writing, along with the detail of the proposer and seconder, to myself.

A further notice will appear in the March Airfield Review.

Noel
    Last edited by NJR; 05-01-2011 at 20:20. Reason: Incorrect name

Default Re: Arg 2011 agm

Quote Originally Posted by cwbalmer View Post
    Excellent venue! Can I just point out that I think you mean Bob Hale if it's the Bob I work with at the museum...

You will be in for a treat if it's Bob - he has some great stories and details about Bentwaters!
    It is Bob, don't know why I put Don.

Default Re: The ARG Annual General Meeting thread

Group photo - well some of the group who were at the AGM!

Here's my slideshow of some of the pictures i took on the day. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWuRH5m9ZvU be sure to watch in 1080p.

2012 AGM
    Barton Aerodrome, Greater Manchester, Sunday 27th May 2012
    10.30 Gather – Refreshments
    11.00 AGM
    12.00 Lunch (Members to purchase)
    13.00 Talk “History of Barton Aerodrome" followed by airfield tour.

Great AGM today and good to see so many people there. Barton was a great venue if not a little warm, particularly in the meeting room!! I'm sure some pics will appear in due course.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information