Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Exeter

Ant, the side facing you in your photograph also shows the changing rooms and gymnasium equipment store.

Chris

Default [size=18]Re the buildings on the south side of the A30[/size

Thanks everybody for your input. I think its about 6 years ? that I have wondered about these, so thank to all Ant

The gym at Exeter is nothing like Ants photo. It was a unique design.

Default The Gym or not the Gym at Exeter

Paul Thanks for your comment, I only used that picture because it was the nearest to how I remember the building looking.( it has been 4 years since I last past it) I don't think of course that the view is the same as the building I'm talking about. One does look at it from a different angle, i.e. towards a southern aspect, also I don't remember the changing rooms on the side! But there is a building there which is similar to the one illustrated, so please put use out of our misery and tell us that it is not an old RAF building and its really a chicken house Thanks Ant
    P's and just to make matters worst aren't there two of them? I seem to remember trees to the right hand side too?

The gym is located at SY 0120 9295. The ops block is in Poltimore Park. If you would like a free copy of a 159 page report I did on Exeter airport and the local defences in and around Exeter then PM me your e-mail address and I will send to you. It contains everything you need to know about the history of the airport and its buildings. The file size is 26 meg and it will be sent via SendThisFile. This offer is only open to members of ARG - Dont all rush at once!

Default The Gym At Exeter Aerodrome

Hello, now I took the plunge and got Paul to send me the report that he did on Exeter Aerodrome. Well Its certainly interesting reading, though involved its fluent without being too wordy.

As to the Gym well. It is as I thought very slightly similar to the one I posted up on the forum, but reading though Paul's Report all becomes startlingly clear, in the first place its a flat roof and secondly its longer too. As to if its still in use by the farm, I have no knowledge of such; as it is at least for years since I have past by it. So come on some one as your going down that way this weekend have a look and report back here please!

Once again Paul many thanks for the information,
    Regards to all Anthony

Default Re: EXETER AIRPORT - UNIDENTIFIED WW2 BUILDINGS

Default Re: Exeter

Hi all
    heres a image of what looks like acrammble, aircraft of 87sqn based at exeter during 1940

Post Exeter hangar

can any one tell me when the hangar nere the old A30 was changed to it's present shape ie the raised end away from the road. Also there is a planing application to replace the hangar with a small power station.
    Last edited by Carnaby; 17-11-2010 at 19:55. Reason: Spelling of hangar corrrected

Default Re: Exeter hanger

The most recent news I have, is that the hangar will be demolished in December 2010. As usual this might and most probably will change between now and then.

XL573

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information