Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: White Waltham

Default Re: White Waltham

you will find Manifolfd way leads to a community center not a buisness park

White Waltham starred in one of the Midsummer Murders series aired a couple of weeks ago.

Filmed over a "display" weekend, the only clues to place the location was a large FAIREY aviation shield shown within a cafe/clubhouse setting and a couple of ariel views. From the program it acknowledged the ATA history. However the storyline impressed that night flying was being carried out of which I would doubt in reality on grass in todays legislation?
    The first murder weapon was an 18" stiltson wrench, not quite a quality tool for aircraft.

I too had a couple of chipmunk flights during the late 60s from W.W. Couldn't place where the training buildings were compared to the changes of the site.

Alan

Re: above post 22

If your 1960's Chipmunk flights were in University of London Air Squadron aircraft, you would have attended the ULAS headquarters building located a short distance southwest of the two hangers at the southernmost (RAF) part of the airfield.

The building still stands today and is easily spotted on Google Earth. It's one of two identical long thin barrack block buildings with reddish coloured roofs. It's the one on the right hand side nearest the two hangars which also survive.

Regards......Paul

A photo I took on approach to Heathrow on Sunday 27 April 2014;

Nice shot Rich.

My local airfield when I was at school & had it not been for Mum & Dad moving us all to Sussex after I left school I'd have been working for Fairey Surveys.

West London Aero Club operate out of White Waltham airfield and their allocated flight area includes many built-up areas so they assert they have full rights to fly trainee pilots in circuits repeated flying at low height over built-up areas which irresponsibly makes unknowing trainee pilots susceptible to bird strike and causes severe disruption of lives and sleep of those on the ground on the ground the noise is sudden and loud enough to shake windows and wake folks from deepest sleep repeatedly through the day even in a house double-glaze against noise realise that some people do have to sleep in the daytime for many reasons for instance narcolepsy or essential night-work Sleep is not optional, people have to sleep else become dangerous in their lives so this is a public nuisance and disturbing the peace equally there is every reason why planes should be allocated a space to train over open countryside it is not safe or even sane for fliers or for those below for trainee pilots to be flying at low height at risk of bird strike over housing areas when there are open fields locally where they might land safely in case of mechanical or pilot failures or crippling bird strike it is wholly unnecessary for trainees to be flying low in circuits over built-up areas and unecessarily risking life of all involved annoying local people AGAINST FLYING is just insane politics and insane breaking the set rules of operational procedure in certainty that eventually a plane will crash into a house and kill someone's family with no need for that tragedy to have happened but also the pilots and planes would be vastly safer if simply flying over open fields where they have far greater chance of landing more safely and killing no-one I cannot get the Aero Club to see the sense of this they cannot be bothered to change their assignments to safeguard people and not annoy locals - but disrupting even our sleep regularly with unacceptable illegal noise levels of nuisance obviously cannot be allowed to continue ...it is illegal, dangerous, nuisance against even the unenforced rulebooks and not even for any reason except reluctance to change for sake of others' lives no-one on the ground can put up with this irresponsible abuse of our lives but flight 'controllers at White Waltham just won't listen to change their arrangements to make flight safer and avoid the confrontation they now make necessary by uncaring about others' interests who nevertheless do have the power by law to resolve ths matter so much easier for all if men could be reasonable and responsible about how they treat others...

Smile Re: White Waltham

THEN MOVE!!. White Waltham are doing nothing illegal and are full regulated by the C.A.A.

Quote Originally Posted by stevfire2 View Post
    THEN MOVE!!. White Waltham are doing nothing illegal and are full regulated by the C.A.A.
    Well said that man.

I bet the airfield has been there longer than the 'Stranger' above has.

Bloody NIMBY's.......

Yes & what would said nimby have done if Fairey were still active there, this was my local airfield were I grew up, & offered great views when cycling round.
    Sorry I couldn't afford the luxury of a camera in the 70's or I would have taken loads of photos.

Chris

I think it would be best if 'stranger' remains a 'stranger' on here & finds another forum to post on.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information