Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CZECH REPUBLIC - Caslav

Default Re: Caslav, Czech Republic

That last photo of the lights and the runway is brilliant. I look forward to seeing more

I agree what brilliant pictures .It's good to see airfields in former Communist countries now part of NATO & welcome to the forum.

Thanks for the kind comments guys. Here are some more from Caslav on Saturday 3rd September 2011. No aircraft I'm afraid.

Edit: I forgot to mention that the private railway spur can be seen in the foreground of the last photo.

Caslav10.jpg Caslav7.jpg Caslav8.jpg Caslav9.jpg Caslav6.jpg
    Last edited by Tam Nugent; 08-09-2011 at 15:31.

I work the Czech Republic for a Taiwanese company called Foxconn who make make computers for HP, Apple and many other multi-nationals (take the cover off your PC any you will most likely see our name in there somewhere). They sponsored today's event in the European Seniors golf calendar and managed to arrange a fly-past by two Gripens from nearby Caslav for the awards ceremony. Fuzzy photo is attached.

DSCF0441.jpg

I do lilke the Grippen, nice looking aircraft. I get fly-by's by Apaches and the occasional low flying Herc - a fast jet would be nice sometimes!

My office is about 3 miles from Caslav and one of my colleagues just told me that an Antonov plane crashed there today. Apparently it landed with the wheels still up. No doubt you will hear more about it soon. (no fatalities).

Some photos of the aftermath of today's incident at Caslav. Poor quality unfortunately, due to the distance from the road and the fading light.

The aircraft is lying in a field, at the west side of the northwest end of the runway, dead centre in this aerial view of the airfield http://mapy.cz/#l=15&z=13&x=15.365752&y=49.949104

You can see some skid marks on and leading from the runway in the last photo below. You can also see a line of people on the runway in that photo.

GEDC0659.JPG

GEDC0667.JPG

GEDC0677-001.JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks like an Air Force aircraft? Pleased to hear there were no serious injuries.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information