Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Friends of the Eighth (FOTE)

Default Friends of the Eighth (FOTE)

Friends of the Eighth is a group of 8th Air Force enthusiasts who have been meeting for over 30 years. Members include historians, authors, researchers and people who enjoy aviation history in general. They meet quarterly at different venues. The next meeting will be held at Thorpe Abbots 27 March at 4 PM in the 100 Bomb Group Memorial Museum Quonset hut.
    Brothmark

Default Re: Friends of the Eighth

Thanks for that Mark, I have been wondering how to contact them as they don't have a website (that I can find anyway!). Is it a case of just turning up to join?

Yes Richard and they do need a site but do go I think you'll in enjoy it a lot!

Cheers Mark, I've marked it on the calendar and am already looking forward to it.

I went up to Thorpe Abbotts tonight and really enjoyed the evening. What a great group of people and I am really pleased I joined. Thanks again Mark for posting the info up.

Next meeting of F.O.T.E is at the Red Feather Club, Horham on Saturday 26 June 2010 - sadly I can't make that one though.

So pleased you went Richard. I'd kill to be at the next one in Horman... How much leave do I have???

Quote Originally Posted by Brothmark View Post
    So pleased you went Richard. I'd kill to be at the next one in Horman... How much leave do I have???
    They were hopeful that the one after Horham would be at Rougham - be great to see you if you can make it Mark!

Don't forget I am not around the weekend of the Horham meeting!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by REF View Post
    They were hopeful that the one after Horham would be at Rougham - be great to see you if you can make it Mark!

Don't forget I am not around the weekend of the Horham meeting!!!!!!
    Rog I do need to get back for a few days... my pint low level light is on

Thanks for letting us know about the F.O.T.E meeting, Mark.

Me and my better half went to the meeting at Thorpe Abbots and we're now members. It's one of my favourite airfield museums and well worth a visit, but it was a bonus to attend the meeting as well. It was a very enjoyable evening with a presentation about the history of the museum, two documentaries about the museum and the 100th BG, and some interesting conversations with the members in between. I also got to meet Richard, which was another bonus.

Hopefully, I'll get to meet some other AIX members at the next meeting.

Quote Originally Posted by SXS View Post
    Thanks for letting us know about the F.O.T.E meeting, Mark.

Me and my better half went to the meeting at Thorpe Abbots and we're now members. It's one of my favourite airfield museums and well worth a visit, but it was a bonus to attend the meeting as well. It was a very enjoyable evening with a presentation about the history of the museum, two documentaries about the museum and the 100th BG, and some interesting conversations with the members in between. I also got to meet Richard, which was another bonus.

Hopefully, I'll get to meet some other AIX members at the next meeting.
    Thanks for the feedback. I'm glad FOTE is getting some PR its a real neat group and fun to enjoy on a quarterly basis at the places that meet.
    Mark

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information