Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PRINCES RISBOROUGH - Memorial Garden

Default PRINCES RISBOROUGH - Memorial Garden

Last edited by Richard Flagg; 27-03-2014 at 23:17.

Default Re: Princes Risborough

I have recieved an email via my website with some information on this crash. Link;
    http://www.texasescapes.com/WorldWar...arkyCosper.htm

That was me....

I was visiting Risboro' back in October on the occasion of my 25th wedding anniversary saw the memorial and remembered the story from my school days. Library and memorial have been built long after I left the area to join the RAF. Forgot about it again until I saw the link on this site. Always wondered what the story was. Had a quick look on Google and bingo! I wonder if they have the details displayed in the library somewhere.
    Does anyone know the crash site location?
    Alongside the B4010 between Longwick and Bledlow somewhere, I always thought. Not sure where I got that from though.

I wondered if you were a member of the forum - but you have answered that for me now!! Sorry for not replying to the email, bit of a back log of them at the moment!! Thanks for the link though, really appreciated it and it wasn't one I had seen before. Interesting read.

Default B-17 Memorial. Princes Risborough, Bucks.

These photographs were taken just after the dedication in 1992. This memorial is outside the library in Princes Risborough. The 367 Bomb Squadron is of the 306th Bomb Group. Why they didn't include that on the plaque is anyone's guess!!! I think it was about the same time that in Clyde 'Sparky' Cosper's Hometown in the USA a new hospital wing was named in dedication to him.

Default Re: B-17 Memorial. Princes Risborough, Bucks.

Risborough is where I grew up. Always wanted to know more about a crash near the town I now know to be this B17. Memorial and library built since I left 30 years ago. Found this site recently telling the story, sorry if this link doesn't work.

http://www.texasescapes.com/WorldWarII/LtClydeSparkyCosper/LtClydeSparkyCosper.htm

Many thanks for that link it worked well. The shape of the memorial is supposed to represent the tail of a B-17. Nothing like the memorial at Horham that does !! But as the builder,who probably knows nothing about wartime aicraft gave his services Free of Charge it's great !!!

Default Re: Princes Risborough Memorial

A couple of the dedication to the 'Sparky' Cosper memorial at Princes Risborough. I took these from the ARS display at the Wellington Crew memorial dedication 03-10-2012.
    Last edited by airfields man; 16-10-2012 at 21:25.

Default Re: Princes Risborough Memorial

Nice to see some familiar territory.........where is the Wellington memorial?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information