Page 168 of 454 FirstFirst ... 68118158164165166167168169170171172178218268 ... LastLast
Results 1,671 to 1,680 of 4531

Thread: Welcome - please introduce yourself here.

Default Re: Evening all

Hello Ian and welcome to the forum, might find this interesting if not found it already?

http://www.airfieldinformationexchan...Are-you-ex-RAF

Hi Ian, welcome to the site. Still searching for a pic of a split screen Karrier Bantam with box body if you have one buried in the archives )

Default Re: hello from another king's lynn resident

Hi again folks.
    Yes you are correct it is all Alastair's faultYou are also correct this is a bit of a challange and from what i've learned so far any remnants of the control room have now been built over with three terraced houses but i'm holding out for some stories/photos from a few people on another site.

Hello supergt, another Kings Lynn resident huh ?

Maybe I'll bump into you sometime. (Though hopefully not whilst I'm driving a train )

John

Red face Looking for memorabilia

My Dad is 80 this month and reminisces all the time about his time as a serviceman in the RAF in the early 1950's. I would really like to find him a photo of Llandow RAF base from then, especially if it has the old homer on it (he was a homer operator). If anyone can help I'd be SO pleased!

Quote Originally Posted by paf1950 View Post
    Hi Ian, welcome to the site. Still searching for a pic of a split screen Karrier Bantam with box body if you have one buried in the archives )
    I have 3 versions of the split screen "bomb release test", "GEF servicing truck" "forward supply flat platform" of the forward supply box bodsy I only have one piece screen let me know
    TED

Default Re: Looking for memorabilia

Hello alisonpope and wecome to the forum. If you've not already checked it out, the link below you will find of interest. Plus am sure there are 1 or 2 members on here be only to happy to help.

http://www.airfieldinformationexchan...p?2301-Llandow
    Last edited by cbrjock; 16-01-2011 at 23:30.

Hi Snafu
    I hope you don't bump into me as i'm in the signalbox-small world.

Thanks for that Ted. That split screen Fwd Supp box body is proving to be extremely elusive, however, I shall persevere.

Default Re: mike T

Many thanks Airfield Man and PNK for your efforts on my behalf, I did'nt manage to get over for Spitfire day at Duxford on the Royal Enfield, maybe this year. I have discovered that my uncles name is on the RAF memorial at Runnymede so that will be a stop that I will make as well as Nth Luffenham and Duxford. I would like to get up close to a Lanc especially the rear turret, it would be great to sit in it, still never mind. It seems strange that the history of Luffenham mentions the yanks etc, but not the RAF are we ashamed of our history and the 50 odd thousand young men that made the ultimate sacrifice.
    By the way, a little bit about myself, I served my time at Armstrong Siddeley, Bristol Siddeley and finally Rolls Royce, working on Cheetahs Double Mambas, Vipers, Pythons, RB 211s, Blue Steel, Black Knights etc
    Once again, many Thanks,
    mike T

Page 168 of 454 FirstFirst ... 68118158164165166167168169170171172178218268 ... LastLast

Thread Information