Page 177 of 452 FirstFirst ... 77127167173174175176177178179180181187227277 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,770 of 4516

Thread: Welcome - please introduce yourself here.

Default Re: hello everyone

Just want to say thank you to everyone for being so inviting and . I will be at waddo and I am proper intrested in signing up

Hua Hin, Thailand (resident) ex RAF Armourer 1956 - 1970

Default Re: Hello all.

If you go to the AiX Home Page, Forums, you will see at the top of the Forum sections several 'sticky' notes one of which details how to post images. If you use an image hosting site - e.g. PhotoBucket - you can upload to your account, copy the IMG Code shown at the foot of each image and paste it into your post. Then it will show up full size. The alternative is to use 'thumbnails'

http://www.airfieldinformationexchan...MS-OF-THE-SITE
    Last edited by PETERTHEEATER; 04-02-2011 at 07:52. Reason: Add link

Welcome to the forum Lizzy.

Default Re: my presentation

Quote Originally Posted by norwichpaul View Post
    BAILLEUL - welcome. I have visited your web-site and enjoyed it very much. I have the following photobucket site where I add my europe photos. Not much of France yet, apart from Meudon Hauts-le-Seine, although Hahn and Bitburg were built by the French in 1950 (they are in the French Zone of Germany).
    http://s152.photobucket.com/albums/s167 ... ry-europe/

I am writing an extensive report on Allied Air Forces Central Europe, I dont know where exactly you are in France, but would you happen to know whether Camp Guynemer in the forest of Fontainebleau, the former AAFCE HQ is extant and whether its possible to visit?
    Hi just looking at your message, bit old, but doesn't seem to have been answered. If you are still interested, have a look at : www.fontainebleauveteransassociation.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by PNK View Post
    Welcome to the forum Lizzy.
    Thank you

Hua Hin, Thailand (resident) ex RAF Armourer 1956 - 1970

Default Re: my presentation

Welcome to AiX BAILLEUL, I have enjoyed your V1 website very much since I was once on the other end!

I hope that our AiX members will be able to answer questions that you may have. If I have any on French military airfileds of WW2, I know who to ask!

Bon Chance!

Default Introduction

I've just joined your very interesting website.Historic aviation is one of my interests and I'd like to highlight a project that I'm invovled with here in Colchester - see museums section.

The main place I visit is Duxford, and I've been going there since the early 80's to airshows - although the entry price now is getting ridiculous in my opinion.

In my childhood (I'm now early 50's) I was a regular visitor to Biggin Hill airshows and have fond memories of there. Seeing a Vulcan flying there was something one retains forever in their minds eye. The Shuttleworth Collection too as a very different place years ago - lots of mud.

The Historical Group I belong to have plenty of visits to various places throughout the year and lots of talks on avaition related subject matter. Although I quite enjoy seeing (and hearing) old Warbirds flying I'm not a walking text book as some people seem to be - and could not quote you lots of facts and figures about such and such a plane.
    Last edited by Daveg4otu; 06-02-2011 at 18:46.

Default Re: Introduction

Welcome to AiX Stan , you'll find plenty here to interest you and plenty very interesting people as well.

Dave (way down west in Torquay)

Welcome Stan.

Welcome to the forum Stan. Did you ever go to the Battle of Britain at Home airshows at Biggin in the late 60s early seventies? If only I had a camera then it would have been great shooting with the sun mostly behind you. No airshow tan

Page 177 of 452 FirstFirst ... 77127167173174175176177178179180181187227277 ... LastLast

Thread Information