Page 178 of 454 FirstFirst ... 78128168174175176177178179180181182188228278 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,780 of 4531

Thread: Welcome - please introduce yourself here.

Hua Hin, Thailand (resident) ex RAF Armourer 1956 - 1970

Default Re: Introduction

Welcome STAN11, do you have a favourite aviation history topic?

Default Re: Introduction

Biggin Hill in the late 60's early 70's - yes. My next door neighbours dad was ex RAF thus we went there a great deal. Seeing (and hearing) things like the Electric Lightning was also something to behold. I think without a doubt though the piston aircraft were, and still are the main attraction for me.

'Favourite aviation topic' - nothing specific - anything old and interesting really that has a propeller. Through our Historical group I've been lucky to meet some veteran pilots - Kelly Gross, Russ Kyler for example, and to hear their stories is something quite special. When you realise how long some of these pilots had to stay in their planes on missions and remain alert - that sort of thing amazes me.

Default interest in the raf and its stations

My name is phil k-smith I am exRAF.joined in 1968 oct.I trying to locate people that I used to know and how they are now also looking at the stations I served at.

Default Re: interest in the raf and its stations

welcome to aix. theres many ex raf personel you will find on here. what stations you intrested in

rich

Welcome to the forum Phil.

Hua Hin, Thailand (resident) ex RAF Armourer 1956 - 1970

Welcome to AiX phil807. This forum can give you a lot of information on the airfields but, for former RAF colleagues, you wont do better than enrolling with this site:

http://www.forcesreunited.org.uk/

We do also, have a thread on AiX dedicated to ex-RAF.

Red face My introduction: RonaldV

Hello, my name is RonaldV, I am from the Netherlands and I was introduced to this site by Daveg4otu. Last November I figured it would be a good idea to set up a page that brings all lost and little known airfields in Europe together on one site. Having looked through Paul Freemans website on the US, I figured I would have to deal with about 1000 to 1500 sites altogether. In retrospect, that was kind of naive. Just combining the Low Countries got me to about 130. Next step: Germany (from what I've gathered on line, somewhere between 400 and 500). I've already learned there are about 1000 in the UK alone.

Still, I intend to continue working on lost and little known airfields in Europe , combining information from Internet sources in many languages. I hope to find much information (and help when needed) here too.

Default Re: My introduction: RonaldV

Hi RonaldV, Welcome to the forum, Hope that you can find any required help you may need from here, likewise if you could help us with any WW2 memorials in your country that will be much appreciated. Two of us are hoping to visit the Netherlands later this year to photograph any such memorials.

Default Re: My introduction: RonaldV

Welcome to the forum RonaldV. Great idea and good luck with the project. Google Earth has made it easy to seek out old airfields worldwide but it needs some listing and history associated with it. If only I had more time!

Cool Fashionably Late!

Hi everyone.

Um...I've been a member here for almost two years and only just realised that I never introduced myself. Doh!

Anyway, my name's Eileen and I live in Devon. My interest began by exploring derelict buildings and abandoned places, then quickly expanded to WW2 defences. My love of airfields grew out of that. I've only visited three so far, but have spent some fantastic hours wandering around Upottery, RAF Culmhead and Dunkeswell on the Blackdown Hills with Ricasso and an assorted cast of characters.

I haven't made many posts so far but I'll try and get some pics and info up as soon as poss.

Cheers.

Page 178 of 454 FirstFirst ... 78128168174175176177178179180181182188228278 ... LastLast

Thread Information