Vertical photographic-reconnaissance aerial of the airfield at Husbands Bosworth, Leicestershire, during its construction by George Wimpey & Co for Bomber Command. The airfield opened for flying in August 1943, first as a satellite to RAF Market Harborough, and subsequently as the base of No. 85 Operational Training Unit, which remained there until disbandment on 14 June 1945. The Welford and Sulby reservoirs can be seen at lower left.
Courtesy of Imperial War Museum © IWM (C 540