Thread: Ossington

Default Ossington

I could have sworn there was already an Ossington thread here on AiX! It seems not obviously. Well..there is now -

Heres a few pics i took at the airfield.-

The two MT sheds at Ossington are BIG -

The Gymnasium is certainly best appreciated in the winter. Absolutely impossible to get a decent view at the moment -

M&E Plinth -

I didn't have time for an explore of the bomb dumps unfortunatly and i couldn't find any sign of the BHQ thats still here apparently according to the 20th Century Defences in Britain book. I've also read elsewhere that there's a memorial in the village but i couldn't find any sign of it. A nice airfield to look over never the less and thanks to REF and NJR for the recce info .

Cheers,
    Steve

Default Re: Ossington

Quote Originally Posted by PETERTHEEATER View Post
    I didn't have time for an explore of the bomb dumps unfortunatly......

Pity, there would appear to be two extant Fuzing Point sheds
    I managed to see those from the road Peter. I didn't bother to post the pics in my original post as they didn't come out to clear (still getting used to my new camera). But here they are anyway -

Cheers
    Steve

Hua Hin, Thailand (resident) ex RAF Armourer 1956 - 1970

Thanks Steve, the GE peg man hasn't been down that lane yet so you pics reveal two extant Fuzing Point sheds which are almost as old as I am!

Unless I've missed it in the audits (which is highly likely), I cant find what tower type was at Ossington. Anyone help?

Chris

Taken 03-02-12. Not my best by a long way. I was surprised by the amount of moisture in the air for such a cold day, not helped by internal reflections from the perspex, and using a "tit pocket" camera with a dirty lens.

Does anyone have any information for who I could contact to ask permission for an exporation of High wood and North Wood at Ossington. Any information gratefully received. Thanks, Mick

Thread Information