Thread: Great Dunmow (Easton Lodge) Memorials

Default Great Dunmow (Easton Lodge) Memorials

Hi Southend Spitfire, Don't know if you know about this? or if it's anywhere on here?? though I'm sure that I posted-up the following photographs before a long time ago....can't find 'em anyway. But these are the photographs that I took in Little Easton Church around 1989-91. Well worth seeing when you are there-abouts.

Senior Member Southend Spitfire's Avatar

Default Re: Short Stirling LK276, Great Dunmow.

Thanks Airfields Man i have heard of that church and would like to make a visit, can i just go inside the church an take a photo?

Quote Originally Posted by Southend Spitfire View Post
    Thanks Airfields Man i have heard of that church and would like to make a visit, can i just go inside the church an take a photo?
    I don't know about that now? There are sooo many churches locked-up these days, which I suppose is really a good thing. Hopefully as and when you visit if it is locked there should be a key-holders name etc on the display board or in the porch? Good luck with your planned visit, no-doubt you will take some far-better photographs than mine Look forward to seeing them. Best wishes on your visit.

Quote Originally Posted by airfields man View Post
    I don't know about that now? There are sooo many churches locked-up these days, which I suppose is really a good thing. Hopefully as and when you visit if it is locked there should be a key-holders name etc on the display board or in the porch? Good luck with your planned visit, no-doubt you will take some far-better photographs than mine Look forward to seeing them. Best wishes on your visit.
    Thanks i will try and get some photos and if so post them on the forum.

Default Re: Easton Lodge / Great Dunmow

Just found this interesting 20 page publication that I bought for 1.00. in 1992. I did take some photographs of this superb window at that time, but they're not as good as the above.

Now that I've mastered? my wonderful digital camera maybe I'll get some better photographs of this window and additional plaques...but then again..?

I think you'll be fine. I didnt do too well with the plaques with the names on inside the church though, hopefully it will be ok for you.

Thread Information