Page 234 of 454 FirstFirst ... 134184224230231232233234235236237238244284334 ... LastLast
Results 2,331 to 2,340 of 4539

Thread: Welcome - please introduce yourself here.

Default Re: Hello AiX

Quote Originally Posted by REF View Post
    If you start the thread off there and keep us updated that would be great, I will be following it with interest
    Done

Jerome

Hua Hin, Thailand (resident) ex RAF Armourer 1956 - 1970

Default Re: Hello Everyone

I did RAF Square bashing at Bridgnorth did you too.

No, I was a Halton Apprentice 1956-59.

Default hello everyone

Just a quick hello to introduce myself! I'm Mark live in Essex, found this forum by accident whilst trying to find out some info on an old airfield in Essex. I noticed you have RAF Thorney Island listed and there seems to be a lot of blanks about this place. I served with the army there for 5 years and over that time whilst on duty got to explore places off limits to walkers and the general! public! Over the weekend I'll type up what I know and post in the thread for you! There's some pretty interesting things and I may have the answer to a few questions already asked in the thread!

Default Re: hello everyone

Welcome to AiX cloudpuncher.

Yes please, first hand information on Thorney Island airfield remains will be welcome especially if you have some founded answers.

Welcome to the forum. Yes information on Thorney Island would be most welcome.

Welcome aboard cloudpuncher, look forward to your input.

Glad to have you on board cloudpuncher yes it will be great to read about your time at Thorney Island . have only seen the base from the Brighton ,Portsmouth road many years ago .
    Regards,

Bomber.

Hello again norwichpaul. Found a URL that features a feast of aviation including Prestwick Airport. When you input URL, window pops up entitled Neil's Nostalgia and gives a story about Wilf which is worth a read. Along the top there is a list of Airfields all of interest which you will probably peruse. Click on Prestwick which is first one on the left and this opens another window with various headings. Ken Marshall,Gordon Reid, and Gordon Macadie Images feature Prestwick. I know Gordon Macadie and his photos are very good. Ken Marshall when you click on him has 6 sections. Also other airfields have good material too. I used to be in the Royal Observer Corps and attended camps at RAF Watton and used to go to the Flying Fish in Carbrooke. We went into Norwich one day to Old Catton where we had a big control HQ installation partly underground. I remember going through a place i think called Hingham where there was a garage with lots of Volkswagen Beetles outside. Also a pub near Watton near the prison that had about 5 bars one after the other in a line with very low ceilings. Enjoy photos and let me know that you have received this ok. The URL is :-

www.dhc-2.com/Prestwick_Reminiscences.html

Kind Regards. scopie5861

Some excellent 1950s vintage photos of aircraft on there. I especially liked the Abbotsinch gallery.

Welcome Cloudpuncher and looking forward to your T.I memories. My first visits there were to a couple of Battle of Britain displays back in the mid 50s.

My webpage on Thorney......
    http://daveg4otu.tripod.com/airfields/tis.html

Page 234 of 454 FirstFirst ... 134184224230231232233234235236237238244284334 ... LastLast

Thread Information