Thread: Appeal For Help

Default Appeal For Help

Folks,

I am hoping to have a memorial erected in Newtownards to 13 soldiers who were killed in a German Air Raid on Newtownards airfield in 1941.

I have a section on my website which gives information relating to the raid and the names and details of those who were killed.

My intention is to have a picture included on the site of ALL the gravestones of those who were killed and if I can include a picture of the soldier then that will be an added bonus.

Those who were killed include :-

BELLAMY, WILLIAM Initials: W Nationality: United Kingdom Rank: Fusilier Regiment/Service: Royal Inniskilling Fusiliers Unit Text: 70th Bn. Age: 28 Date of Death: 16/04/1941 Service No: 6983155 Casualty Type: Commonwealth War Dead Grave/Memorial Reference: Sec. C. Grave 7629. Cemetery: SUTTON-IN-ASHFIELD CEMETERY

CARLISLE, ALEXANDER Initials: A Nationality: United Kingdom Rank: Lance Corporal Regiment/Service: Royal Inniskilling Fusiliers Unit Text: 70th Bn. Date of Death: 16/04/1941 Service No: 6984668 Casualty Type: Commonwealth War Dead Grave/Memorial Reference: Panel 11. Column 2. Memorial: BROOKWOOD MEMORIAL

If anyone is in the area of these locations can you please consider taking a photograph of the headstone and e-mailing it to me at the website e-mail so I can include it on the website - I will of course include a thank-you for your assistance.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Default Re: Appeal For Help

Jim C will be at Brookwood next week, I will let him know.

Thanks very much.

Hello ww2ni,

I managed to find and photograph L/Cpl Carlisle's name at Brookwood. PM me your e-mail address and I'll send the photos to you.

Jim.

This forum has the makings of a very widespread network of members who can photograph items in their locality for people who cannot travel to the areas. I know for a fact that Jim C needs grave photos from several parts of the country for his project!

Quote Originally Posted by Denis View Post
    This forum has the makings of a very widespread network of members who can photograph items in their locality for people who cannot travel to the areas. I know for a fact that Jim C needs grave photos from several parts of the country for his project!
    If there are any in my neck of the woods Jim needs, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Quote Originally Posted by REF View Post
    If there are any in my neck of the woods Jim needs, let me know and I'll see what I can do.
    Likewise over here.

Cheers Denis and thanks for the offers chaps, I'll let you know.

The relevant page has been updated - Thanks again

Thread Information