Thread: Halifax Crew Memorial. Bournemouth.

Default Halifax Crew Memorial. Bournemouth.

I Took these today, it's a lovely memorial but a bit awkward to photograph due to reflections. This can be found along the Wimborne road at the Meadow Court Close turn in Bournemouths Moordown area. To read about this Google Halifax memorial in Moordown, Bournemouth.
    Last edited by airfields man; 29-08-2011 at 09:32.

Default Re: Halifax Crew Memorial. Bournemouth.

I was told of this memorial from a work colleague who saw this on the local news. Google-ing Halifax memorial in Bournemouth showed me the story. But you can't always trust what you read on Google. A while ago I read somewhere of a plaque to an RAF Pilot who was killed in March 1941 whilst flying a Curtiss Mowhawk. He had taken off from Boscombe Down and crashed in the fields around the Langfords area a few miles from Salisbury along the A36 towards Warminster. This plaque is supposed to be in Hanging Langford church, I called there today...there is no church there !! Of the three Langfords there are only two churches. So I was advised to try Steeple Langford, this I did and found the church to be open...Amazing ! but sadly no plaque anywhere. An artist in the grounds doing a very good drawing of the church told me that he knew of no such plaque here or at the other smaller church. I phoned the Vicar, she told me that there was talk of dedicating a plaque in the church eight years ago but so-far nothing has happened. She promised to keep me informed of any new news. Google RAF plaque in Hanging Langford church go to the last couple of lines and it mentions this plaque.

The only two plaques at [Hanging Langford] Steeple Langford church. Photographed today within the porch.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ts-emerge.html

Just found this while searching for something else..

Thread Information