Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Llanbedr

Default Re: Llanbedr

Ian, just stumbled upon this site and have been overwhelmed by the interest.

I used to frequent Barmouth late 80's through to the 90's as my in laws had a static caravan in Talybont. I remember seeing the Sea Vixen and Meteor drones making regular sorties both manned and unmanned. I found the operations at Llanbedr fascinating and it was a real shame when it closed several years ago. I did read an article in the Daily Post last week discussing the possibility of using the airfield as a commercial aircraft retirement/recycling centre, with the creation of at least 50 jobs.

You have some great shots there Ian thanks for sharing. I have many photo prints somewhere of aircraft movements from there I will have to see if I can dig them out.

regards

Ashley

PS If anyone else has got some old photos, then please post on here would love to see them.

Just watched the BBC Wales news that said the plans are on hold until the Welsh Government considers the application.

heres the latest from BBC News website: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-n...wales-18999671

Llanbedr petition

Hi again everyone, would really appreciate if everyone could sign and support the petition to get Llanbedr back to life, if we can get the recycling facility there I am sure we can then get the airfield back to full use. Please share this with your friends and like minded people and help us get as many signatures as we can. The target on there is about 2.5 k but if we can get a lot more it will send a strong message that the airfield should be reopened.

Cheers

DA

Quote Originally Posted by Dyffryn Air Fan View Post
    Llanbedr petition

Hi again everyone, would really appreciate if everyone could sign and support the petition to get Llanbedr back to life, if we can get the recycling facility there I am sure we can then get the airfield back to full use. Please share this with your friends and like minded people and help us get as many signatures as we can. The target on there is about 2.5 k but if we can get a lot more it will send a strong message that the airfield should be reopened.

Cheers

DA
    Signed up , perhaps this petition may take the hoods off the MPs and the SS heads and let the local people have what they really want, JOBS, stop the red tape and get the site open and working
    Regards Ian

Just signed up too, fingers crossed our combined efforts may help.

Still trying to locate my prints from years back. They may be at my mums from before I got married. I did stumble across this one though. After my fascination and obsession with Meteor drones it prompted me to remodel an old Matchbox kit to closely resemble WH453. This is from 1989. Still have the model in an old shoe box!

meteoru16.jpg

Ash
    Last edited by plane spotter; 07-08-2012 at 11:46.

Quote Originally Posted by plane spotter View Post
    Just signed up too, fingers crossed our combined efforts may help.

Still trying to locate my prints from years back. They may be at my mums from before I got married. I did stumble across this one though. After my fascination and obsession with Meteor drones it prompted me to remodel an old Matchbox kit to closely resemble WH453. This is from 1989. Still have the model in an old shoe box!

meteoru16.jpg

Ash
    Hi Ash
    I m sure WH 453 now resides at BCWM Bentwaters cold war museum, it was parked outside next to the Bellman Hangar at Llanbedr for many years, WK 800 was the last Drone at Llanbedr flying which flew to Boscombe Down on the last day of operations at Llanbedr in october 2004 with the 2 Alpha Jets as T-Bird 14 combine
    Regards Ian

I understand that there has been activity.

The test flying of the unmanned passenger aircraft.

I also spent holidays at a / the caravan site at Talibont Halt.
    bumz

Quote Originally Posted by Bumz_Rush View Post
    I understand that there has been activity.

I also spent holidays at a / the caravan site at Talibont Halt.
    bumz
    Hi Bumz_Rush
    The only activity off late have been Microlights and a few private light aircraft that have landed, other than that its low overshoots from C130s and MC130s ,
    The airfield have been granted a licence to test and evaluate UAVs, but at the moment havent been granted a licence to scrap passenger jets
    Regards Ian

Hua Hin, Thailand (resident) ex RAF Armourer 1956 - 1970

Wot? No pilot? I've heard of Easy Jet but this is ridiculous

Call me cynical, but I can't see the Welsh Government supporting this, they are supporting the same sort of operation at st Athan, and have to be seen as trying to make that work, I also think they will bow to the conservation arguments by the SS and others.
    Hopefully I'm wrong.
    Last edited by mawganmad; 09-08-2012 at 12:59.

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread Information