Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Manby

SuperMod

Default Re: Manby

There is article about the sale, along with an advert, in Farmers Weekly. It seems that the vendor has put in a caveat on the sale that he is to be paid 30% of any capital gain in the site if it is later sold for non-agricultural uses - and this constraint lasts for 40 years! Who would buy it for 3.5m with that millstone round your neck?

Quote Originally Posted by WJT View Post
    There is article about the sale, along with an advert, in Farmers Weekly. It seems that the vendor has put in a caveat on the sale that he is to be paid 30% of any capital gain in the site if it is later sold for non-agricultural uses - and this constraint lasts for 40 years! Who would buy it for 3.5m with that millstone round your neck?
    Aparently it is fairly common practice these days, I had not heard of it before. Typically if you take say a 10 acre field and sell it for 50,000 if the new owners were to then obtain planning for say 20 plots of housing each plot could be worth 50,000 before even being built on. Its an easy way of making extra money without laying out the cost of doing the work yourself. There is only really around 40 acres that could potentially be developed for housing, none of which would affect the main area. My biggest fear is that someone purchases the place purely to rip up the concrete for type one crush like many other airfields in Lincolnshire. I know the guy who owns Winchester Marine (now in the hangars at Manby) who im told ripped up Binbrook, is interested!! I will keep you all posted as to what is going on as much as I can, from a selfish point of view I hope someone takes it on and carries it on or Im out of a job!!
    Last edited by tigger; 04-06-2012 at 09:05.

I was going to post some up to date pictures of raf manby but i wont spoil it for you this is the sargants mess its taken a beating over the last year and been a recent victim of arson sorry about the water marks i couldnt find my copies i hope you enjoy your day i realy like manby

Im not sure why work hasn't started here its got permission for flats but i think its now past the point of repair a real shame
    Last edited by bomber county; 04-06-2012 at 06:22.

tigger

A few photos from yesterdays visit that hopefully don't duplicate things too much from earlier in the thread. At the owners request no photos of the interior of the officers mess will be posted.

Last edited by tigger; 17-06-2012 at 19:10. Reason: updated image links

tigger

Last edited by tigger; 17-06-2012 at 19:11. Reason: updated image links

Nice set of photos tigger, who went on the trip in the end?

That JP model is deteriorated since I saw it a couple of years ago, looks like it needs some tlc.

tigger

Quote Originally Posted by REF View Post
    Nice set of photos tigger, who went on the trip in the end? .
    Barry C, cbrjock, CDP, Hawkeye, Jim H, jpg1982 (+guests), tigger, WJT

Nearest I got to a group pic, sorry

MIRROR PICS 109 A.jpg

Found this map of the airfield while going through some old paperwork. It was apparently made up when the base went up for sale in the 70s. It is surprising how much has now gone from the airfield, with very little or no trace at all in some cases to show anything was there.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Just been informed that hangar 5 at Manby is currently on fire! There are 4 crews currently in attendance with more on the way. The hangar looks to be in a bad way with lots of smoke and explosions. This building was used for storage and as a workshop by Winchester Marine. Will keep you posted when I know more.

Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread Information