Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: Manby

Default Re: Winchester Marine Site up for Sale

That photo was taken mid 2010, it has changed a lot since then. The Shunters have gone now, the engine's were removed a few months ago and the rest cut up and scrapped. They have been clearing out a lot of stuff over the last few months. They have unsuccesfully tried leasing some of the hangars out for the past year at a starting price of 75000 per annum increasing by 5000 every year and a minimum lease of 5 years!! no wonder they had no takers. The arl hangar currently has a small crew working on it looks like they are just cleaning up. the roof has been removed and all the steels are now exsposed, I have been told it is being repaired.
    Last edited by jpg1982; 29-09-2012 at 21:00.

Moderator and ARG Trustee

That's good, thanks for the update.

So what has happened to Winchester Marine? I must be out of touch...

The fire damaged hangar is to be sold with the benefit of a new roof and refurbished. The steelwork has been washed down and preparation works are underway for the works to be completed.

As regards the rent, I regularly achieve 2 per sq ft for this type of high bay warehouse in Lincolnshire. Don't forget to build these hangars today would cost several million pounds, so they represent extremely good value for money, either to lease or purchase.

I've just sold a 500,000 sqft facility in Nocton and the interest came as far as Brazil, Africa, America and Central Europe. We are working in a global market and we have not been interested in Lettings these hangars to small local companies who cannot sustain the rents and look after the buildings.

Winchester Marine have done a fantastic job in maintaining the hangars at significant cost. They have other facilities in the UK and will either relocate the stock items or move more stock into the individual hangars depending on the interest received.

So far we already have interest from a wide selection of UK and overseas companies and hopefully we can find companies who will invest the same time and effort into the buildings as Winchester Marine have.

SuperMod

Hello Paul: Thank you for joining us on AiX and telling us a bit about the market for former airfield premises. You probably know that your sales brochures and particulars often form an important part of the historical record of an airfield, and I'm interested to see that in addition to the Winchester Marine comission, you are also handling the sale of premises at Goxhill. Are you able to post on the Goxhill thread a link to your particulars for that location? Unfortunately, the only link we have so far is to particulars from B****s.

Regards, Bill

Senior Member Southend Spitfire's Avatar

Default Re: RAF Manby

Some photos taken on Weds 17th Oct 2012

'The Charterhouse'

'Centurion House'

Theres a Cafe within Centurion House called 'The Hub'. I stopped inside for a slice of cake and Hot Chocolate, the entrance is the open door in the middle of the 2nd pic. There is also a furniture show room with the entrance shown in the 1st pic.

'Lynx House'

I think this is the Water Tower.

'Guy Gibson Hall'

The Guard Room

Entrance and Gatehouse from Carlton Road.

Lovely shots, I take it they were Institutes/Dining Rooms & Station HQs originally?
    What's the future of these, and the Officers Mess etc?

Thanks, I'm not sure what the buildings were but the site appears to be a business park with most buildings in use and some in derelict condition.

Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread Information