Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Airfield Fire, Crash, and Emergency Vehicles Vol 2

Default Re: Airfield Fire, Crash, and Emergency Vehicles

Quote Originally Posted by Q Eaton View Post
    I'll give you a clue. If you jumped over the fence you'd be in Ted's back garden!

Q
    Nice avatar,more years than i care to admit since i saw one of those,that and the dan bar cakes he sold 10000s of.

Q you fooled Canberra by moving the big flying club south of the border to that wonderful county of Yorkshire !!!!

talking of Yorks I hear they have a new form of stimulating _____ --------------- its called E By Gum !!

Right after that corny joke here is a slightly later shot of Leuchars showing 2 TACR2s & 2 TACR2As. The old pair had had their brush bars painted to black after Q's shot was taken.

TTFN TED
    Attached Images Attached Images

And I should also say it wasnt until Id been at Leuchars a year on my third tour that I noticed Strathkinned mast!

But I have to ask when the photo of the TACRS was taken, and why Leuchars had four? Two or even three I can imagine, but four?

Good to see 4 x TACRís and 2 x Mk11ís all serviceable at the same time......must have been a rare occasion! The only reason i can think for Leuchars having 4 TACR's is the 2 old GS TACR's were being replaced by the new Carmichael TACR's?

Another one from Leuchars:

Attachment 6644
    Attached Images Attached Images

Canberra just as Q says, it was march 1988, The 2 new TACR2As in the centre made by Carmichael have just arrived to replace the 2 old TACR 2s made by Gloster Saro.

Q on the fire station thread you included Leuchars as a Yorks location- that is why Canberra really didn't recognise it. tomorrow I will post some shots of the 1933 , 1938, guardroom and 1956 fire sections. The current one included the 2 1956 bays and the watch office became the ADOs office.
    TED

Q when was the picture taken of the Leuchars RHAG? Im curious as its been taken on runway 22, it didnt always have a RHAG. When I was first there it had a PUAG.

Canberra, yes it was a PUAG, it was taken out not long after I arrived as it had been put in purely for Phanton training for the ARK Royal mob. . Hence the the title Purpose Use Arrestor Gear--- used routinely not just in an emergency. I would suggest Q's pic is merely a caption error. The cable and doughnuts were identical.
    TED

Now this is not a Airfield vehicle, but this photo was given to me by my late Granddad, he is the driver, and i would like to find out what type of appliance he was driving...

Quote Originally Posted by ted angus View Post
    Canberra, yes it was a PUAG, it was taken out not long after I arrived as it had been put in purely for Phanton training for the ARK Royal mob. . Hence the the title Purpose Use Arrestor Gear--- used routinely not just in an emergency. I would suggest Q's pic is merely a caption error. The cable and doughnuts were identical.
    TED
    Just a quick mention ref the cable and dougnuts on the PUAG,the cable and dougnuts were a larger diamater than the RHAG .

Do you know what brigade it was? It would be difficult to tell the make of chassis although it may be possible to identify the body buider.

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information