Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: FALKLAND ISLANDS - Mount Pleasant

Default FALKLAND ISLANDS - Mount Pleasant

Hi I'm new to this forum( i see stevo frequents it quite often!). I like him have an interrest in military scenery for flight simulator and at the mo I'm attempting that secret of all bases Akrotiri.For my next I am concidering a redition of Mount Pleasant and i was wandering if anybody has any photos of the place.You would'nt believe that I've there five times and havent got any good ones (only ones of penquins etc..).Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Paul

Default Re: Mount pleasant

Hi Paul

I considered doing Mount Pleasant a while back but stopped due to lack of information, photos. I did get some and I did build the shelters for the fighter aircraft and started to model the main hangar but that's about it. If you would like to use them then send me a PM on ACG.

Stevo

Paul,

Its true, pictures are few and far between of MPA, but it cant be that difficult! It features on Google maps (as does stanley complete with Black Buck crater scars) and the buildings are all pretty much built to the same pattern, so you should be able to pull a few pictures off the net somewhere.

Hangarettes are all the same as are Sqn buildings and that only leaves the likes of the timmy hangar and 78's, would be cool to see tho!!

Default FALKLAND ISLANDS - Mount Pleasant

RAF MPA ATC plus Fire section and met office,bout 1991, since been extended(ATC) Plus C130 C1P

If this is in wrong place please feel free to move it !
    Last edited by Smoggieboy; 30-01-2013 at 15:27.

Hi my dads got some great photos of the base from when he was there in august 91. When I am next up there I will get copies and get them put up.

I can't imagine why anyone would want to do anything about MPA other than get the hell out of it pronto! IMHO, an absolute hell-hole!

Default Re: FALKLAND ISLANDS - Mount Pleasant

Never mind about RAF Mount Pleasant (and I was part of the team that did the original siting for that place!)
    What about RAF Stanley? Where, if anywhere, is the history of that short lived RAF Station to be found? I did 4 years (on and off) at Stanley. Most of what happened there would not be believed - but it should be recorded somewhere!
    Rgds
    Resmoroh

Remember finding the ATC Stanley logbooks in a few filing cabinets in 1992 in MPA ATC, they made interesting reading especially the various Harrier crashes and other incidents. Would guess they would have been disposed of soon after !

Mount Pleasant UK MIL AIP - 6 Jul 2006
    Attached Files Attached Files

Few from 20 yrs ago

Still looking for any more I've got with buildings in !
    Last edited by Smoggieboy; 30-01-2013 at 15:29.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information