Thread: Egginton / Derby

Default Egginton / Derby

Two photos taken on 15 April 1996. AiX-ARG Archives

Default Re: Egginton / Derby

Eggington is a nice little airfield to visit with a friendly owner who will normally gives a guided tour. There always seems to be plenty of wrecks and relics lying around the place

Cessna 152 G-SACF destroyed during a training flight from Derby airfield in March 1997

Socata TB-10 G-OFLG crashed during take-off 23rd July 2005

and worth the trip just to see Amy Johnson's D.H. 88 Comet 'Black Magic' G-ACSP being restored to an airworthy condition

Never actually been to Eggington, but hang on a minute! I have been to Burnaston when that 'control tower' was there in 1989?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by norwichpaul View Post
    Never actually been to Eggington, but hang on a minute! I have been to Burnaston when that 'control tower' was there in 1989?
    Correct, friends of mine owned and ran a flying school from Burnaston and in 1990 we had to clear everything out and leave with days notice. The control tower was shipped out a long with everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by matt5401 View Post
    Correct, friends of mine owned and ran a flying school from Burnaston and in 1990 we had to clear everything out and leave with days notice. The control tower was shipped out a long with everything else.
    Myself and wirefox were there last saturday in a 'thunderstorm' to see the comet racer and sat down with Stewart and Martin for a hot cup of tea, and it's very clear that this airfield is very much alive and well, and some interesting stuff in for CoA and repairs including a DC-6 radial !! also we were told a Fokker Tri-plane and SE5 is due in soon for some, 'get ready for the season' stuff.

NA

Thread Information