Page 310 of 495 FirstFirst ... 210260300306307308309310311312313314320360410 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,100 of 4947

Thread: The 'Introduce yourself' Thread

Default Re: Finally got around to it... joining that is

I'm sure that I will

Cheers

Alyn

Welcome aboard Alyn,
    regards Ian

Welcome to the forum Alyn.

Just need two more and we riggers can start our own AiX union... Welcome

Hua Hin, Thailand (resident) ex RAF Armourer 1956 - 1970

Welcome to AiX Hunterliney. Have you got any photos from your airfield travels?

Hope you enjoy your time on ere with us bunch of waisters

rgds baz[/QUOTE]

Speak for yourself !! There's nothing wrong with my waist...well maybe a little too big these days the Quack might say As for, ''us bunch of waster's'', I'd Question that statement !!
    Last edited by airfields man; 07-04-2012 at 23:09.

Speak for yourself !! There's nothing wrong with my waist...well maybe a little too big these days the Quack might say As for, ''us bunch of waster's'', I'd Question that statement !!
    Only joking AM Dinna worry

I believe the spelling 'Waister' is correct as it derives from Naval terminology...as do quite a few of our little sayings - ie 'No room to swing a cat','let the cat out of the bag' and 'straight laced' and many more.

Question - what do you call a jacket thats on fire?
    Answer... A Blazer !

Another Naval connection...HMS Blazer crew jackets designed by their Capting

rgds baz
    Last edited by bvs; 08-04-2012 at 09:35.

'Fraid most, if not all, of my photos - not that there were that many to start with - have been lost, thrown away etc. - Too many house moves!!

Lots of great memories though!!!

Alyn

Default Hello from Hunter

Hi, Hunter here. I've been lurking for a while. Started out with pillboxes, moved onto visible aircraft wrecks, then the Cold War stuff and then via wrecked towns and holiday resorts in the Balkans, I've drifted toward airfields. I've also got interested in HAA sites recently, which is what drew me here initially during a websearch

Default Re: Hello from Hunter

Welcome to the forum hunter. I think a lot of us have varied interests sometimes with a "specilist subject".

Out of interest were the "wrecked towns and holiday resorts in the Balkans" wrecked before you went there?

Page 310 of 495 FirstFirst ... 210260300306307308309310311312313314320360410 ... LastLast

Thread Information