Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Penn Street Works. Amersham.

Default Penn Street Works. Amersham.

This is a little of what's left of the old Mosquito assembly factory at Penn. Bucks.

Default Re: Penn Street Works. Amersham.

Used to call here about 10 years ago when there was a bit more visible. This is the remains of the Mosquito factory at Penn Street, which is actually High Wycombe, rather than Amersham. A chap from work who lived in H.W. now retired and living in Wales, brought a book in to work with a picture of a Mosquito on a trailer, coming in-to, or, out-of this assembly plant. In the corner of this photograph it shows the 'Hit and Miss' Pub. The Furniture factory building these aircraft were known as, Dancer and Hearne, at 9.30am this morning the Landlord of this pub told me that Dancer and Hearne also owned the Pub at that time.

The three 'New-looking' buildings are built on part of these old furniture premises were/are to be named; Mosquito, Rapide and Comet. Sad thing is, they are all empty !! If you Google, Mosquito Factory at Penn... you will see more information. Or; http;//www.bucksfreepress.co.uk/news Well that's what come's-up after Google-ing Mosquito Factory at Penn.
    Last edited by airfields man; 13-10-2012 at 18:37.

I wondr how many times I've driven past this & didn't know it was there.

I'm sure that the pub landlord said yesterday all three of the new buildings have been empty since being built. Part of the reason he told me was that it's a very poor area for mobile phones and WIFI ? or whatever it's called. You just can't get a good signal around here he said. I hope that they are eventually used and the three proposed names are displayed.

Called here again yesterday, no camera, also it was dark, cloudy and pissing-down at 9.40am. Took these today at 11.50am.

All these buildings have now been named. Next month two of these (Don't know which) will be occupied which is obviously good. Apparently they have sorted-out the signal receiver problem as long as you are within... some kind of booster system thingy

The main gates as shown on my last photograph from last year were nicked by guess who? As seen by todays photographs these have now been replaced more fuller. The local Pub landlord told me this morning that after the theft of the gates the wooden trellis for the plants was also stolen a few days later. The whole site is now under a 24 hour surveillance.

The Mosquito building, Hit or Miss Pub in the background.

The Mosquito building door windows are marked as M1, M2 and so-on..

The Rapide building has the same but with R1... Same for the Comet building C1 etc..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information