Page 328 of 454 FirstFirst ... 228278318324325326327328329330331332338378428 ... LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,280 of 4531

Thread: Welcome - please introduce yourself here.

Moderator and ARG Trustee

Default Re: New to group

Hi Stan, welcome to AIX

Hua Hin, Thailand (resident) ex RAF Armourer 1956 - 1970

Default Re: New to group

Welcome to AiX Stan; any photographs that you would like to show us of airfields will be welcomed.

Default New to the forum

Hi all

Thought I would introduce myself. My interests are in old airfields (partcularly WW1) and Balloon Command sites, in particular Collaton Cross, near Plymouth, home to No. 13 Balloon Centre where my late father was based. I'm currently training as a microlight pilot (I have my own flexwing) and when qualified I plan to visit as many sites as possible and get some good oblique views under optimum lighting conditions.

I am also interested in decoy sites and radar installations. Hope to be able to contribute to this forum (photos one day!) and look forward to hearing from other members.

Nigel

Default Re: New to the forum

Hi Nigel. welcome to AIX

Default Re: Chris Clark - Living in Kirknewton Scotland

Hello Chris, welcome to AIX.

Welcome to the forum Nigel, I am sure your knowledge of Balloon sites will be very useful to us all and I look forward to reading your posts.

Good luck with the microlight training, its great fun!

Richard

Default Newby

Hello people . I live local in Bury St Edmunds and am interested in the RAF/USAF of the WW2 in particular bases and possible crash sites .I work on the old Chedburgh base and have taken a few pictures and posted already . However I am trying to find out info on a possible crash site in Bradfield St George . I have found large cal bullets on a field between FREEWOOD STREET and FREEWOOD any info would be help full . I have been told tales of V1 coming down in FREEWOOD but never an aircraft . Also of a Spitfire that crashed in a storm , it went in nose first and the engine ect was left in the hole ! Any info on either please . Beyond that I fly RC Aircraft at Rattlesden airfield . I believe i am one of the very few to do this . Other interests are motorcycles and field sports .

Default Swanton Morley, Norfolk.

I have very fond and happy memories of Swanton Morley. Did most of my National service here 1954/55 as the Sparky to the M.T. Section having been Motor Mechanic in Civvy life.
    Duties included taking out Duty Air Traffic controller to inspect runways prior to opening airfield every morning. Another of my duties was to D.I. the flashing Landmark Beacon(S.A) every morning, also to service the Glider winches( old wartime balloon winches) in the far most hanger on the west side of the airfield. I have a number(15) photographs of my old mates and vehicles in the M.T.Section.

Default Re: Swanton Morley, Norfolk.

Welcome to AiX Ron. I for one would like to see you photographs if you care to share. There is a 'sticky' note in the main Forum menu that tells you how to post images.

Welcome to AiX NigelJ, it will be useful to have a member focussing on Balloon Sites.

Page 328 of 454 FirstFirst ... 228278318324325326327328329330331332338378428 ... LastLast

Thread Information