Page 327 of 454 FirstFirst ... 227277317323324325326327328329330331337377427 ... LastLast
Results 3,261 to 3,270 of 4531

Thread: Welcome - please introduce yourself here.

Default Hello from Welwyn Garden City

Hello everyone,my names Neil,am from sunny Hertfordshire,i was directed here from Brit modeller,i work in Cambridge, at the airfield as an aircraft fitter,mainly C130's but with a bit of Tristar thrown in to keep me on my toe's.Am interested in all things to do with aviation,old airfields i find fascinating,I hope to find some usful information here for some of my modelling projects.Anyway,thats enough for now,i look forward to chatting in the future,best regards.....Neil

Hua Hin, Thailand (resident) ex RAF Armourer 1956 - 1970

Default Re: Hello from Welwyn Garden City

Welcome to AiX Neil, plenty here to whet your appetite. The SEARCH function works reasonably well but clicking FORUM and plodding through the 'Menu' will likely show something of interest.

Welcome to the forum.

Hello from Ware and welcome to AiX!

Default Re: Hi All

Quote Originally Posted by PNK View Post
    Welcome, although I see you joined in 2010!
    Yes I did. Have been keeping a "weather eye" out for items of interest and forgotten I hadn't intro'd myself until now.

Default Introduction

Hello,
    I hope I'm putting this in the right place or am I replying to someone who is going to look at this a wonder what Im up to " / Anyway, I'm interested in learning more about where my grandfather was posted during WW11. I believe he was at Ballykelly or Anaghloo, he was Scottish, a cook, his name was Jack (or John) Adamson, at one stage he was posted to Canada. You can tell I do not know very much which is unfortunate. I've been searching a very long time to no avail so now I am searching for different types of info to build up some idea of his world and hence my joining you all here : )
    thank you.

Default Re: Introduction

Hi Simone and welcome to the forum - as a relative you can request his service record from MOD...if you have not already done so,unless somebody beats me to it I will try to find a link for you.

rgds baz

simone
    These are the forms you need to apply for a copy of your Grandfathers RAF record of service and as ever with the MOD they don't make things easy for you or sadly cheap as there is also a search fee to pay . Have a look at these links which you can find via the Veterans-UK website ; http://www.veterans-uk.info/service_...e_records.html

http://www.mod.uk/DefenceInternet/Ab...ePersonnel.htm

http://www.mod.uk/DefenceInternet/Ab...uirersForm.htm

http://www.mod.uk/NR/rdonlyres/E5DA1...tion_part2.pdf

There is also a Ballykelly thread on the forum which may be of use ? See here ;
    http://www.airfieldinformationexchan...687-Ballykelly

If you need any more help then just come back to the forum and I'm sure someone will try and help you .
    Good luck !

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your research. A WWII plan of Ballykelly would hopefully show where he might have worked, although I suspect there may have been a few possibilities. Once of if you get the dates of his postings it will be possible to wrk out the activities going on at the various location at the time to put the whole thing into context.

Default New to group

Hi My name is Stan and I live in Edinburgh, Scotland.
    I have been spotting for over 30 years and have traveled to most country's around the world.
    I just love Planes.

Page 327 of 454 FirstFirst ... 227277317323324325326327328329330331337377427 ... LastLast

Thread Information